Before you head overseas and enjoy your time away whether you are going for business or for leisure, there are a few things that you should do prior to your journey to the unknown. Here are a few things you should do before stepping onto the plane.
- Research for latest travelling news or updates. This can be found on your countries government websites for news on any travelling threats and risks to the region your are visiting. For Australian residents this is called Smarttraveller which is a government website providing information about any threats or risks with travel warnings.
- VISA- if you are travelling to some Asian countries such as China and Vietnam you require a VISA to enter. Ensure you have your VISA all organised before you leave. In some Airports they will not give you your airline ticket unless you can show them your VISA inside your passport.
- Copies of important documents- Take a photo copy of your passport and VISA just in case you lose your originals during the trip.
- Credit Cards- make sure your credit cards are up to date and not about to expire. It is very embarrassing if you are about to pay for your accommodation and your credit card has expired.
- Mobile Data – If you havent got a deal with your mobile phone carrier for overseas mobile data roaming, ensure you switch off your data when you arrive to the country and only use free wifi services when you travel, otherwise you will return home with a huge mobile phone bill.
- Scam research – Now this one I believe is really important. There are so many scams that occur with tourists when travelling overseas. For example there is many scams that occur in China if you are not street smart. Many people fall for them as they are not aware. The best way is to search on the internet for local scams and also Youtube. This way you will be ahead of the game and no when you come across a scam.